[3830] NAQP CW W1UU Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 13 06:12:44 EST 2019

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: W1UU
Operator(s): W1UU
Station: W1UU

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Cape Cod

   15:    5     4
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  321   112  Total Score = 35,952

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Flex-6500 5 watts to 43\' autotuned vertical and a Wellbrook receiving Loop used
for 160/80 meters.

I mounted a serious attempt in the NAQP-CW for the first time. To get to the
10-hour time limit, I started 1 hour 45 minutes after the start and decided to
take a 15 minute dinner break. That meant I could concentrate operate up to 0600
UTC thinking I could get the best possible QSOs on 160/80 meters. Propagation at
the start was good but not productive on 10 and 15 meters. But 20 meters was the
money band so I put the time there. Everything was S&P. I don't have
beams/arrays but my Loop receiving antenna for 160/80 meters reduced the noise
level, but I had to deal with propagation QSB. Even though I was happy with my
plans, I ran out of stations to work due to my QRP transmitting limitation (self
imposed). I decided to run up to 8 hours operating time and turn off the switch
to get a nice rest for my usual Sunday family activities.