[3830] NAQP CW NN4RB Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 13 11:53:24 EST 2019

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: NN4RB
Operator(s): NN4RB
Station: NN4RB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 5:15

   80:   5      5
   40:  15      8
   20:  20     12
   15:  11      5
Total:  51     30  Total Score = 1,530

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC SWVA LITTLE BIT 1

Comments:

My little bit was hard work.  While I did have a little hardware/software
problem when starting, my lack of QSO contribution is strictly a result of my
lack of skill.  CW does not come easy for me and I do need to practice more.  I
usually have to listen to the other station through several contacts to get the
information.  I do use decoder assistance, but they are not that good in a CW
contest.  The fist of many operators at high speed is not uniform.  Some refer
to that as their unique fist, but the truth is, "Its mostly bad fist."
 Most do not leave a space between the characters.  While learning to send, I
discovered that I would do the same thing for characters that I knew to send in
a hurry.
I used FLDIGI, CWGET, and HRD DM780. FLDIGI is great on computer generated code
without noise.  CWGET and DM780 seem to be compatible, but both have to be
purchased to get the full use.  DM780 has the ability to do a sweeper display,
but that can not be used in this contest unless one is assisted.  I'll be back!

Rick
NN4RB

Rick
NN4RB
ICOM IC-756PROIII
Micro Ham micro Keyer II
Mosely CL-36 at 61'
OCF at about 44' with Kat-500 at the base
N1MM+