[3830] NAQP CW W4PK Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 13 13:01:04 EST 2019

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: W4PK
Operator(s): W4PK
Station: W4PK

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 9:09

   10:    7     7
-------------------
Total:  476   146  Total Score = 69,496

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC SOUTHWEST VA 1

Comments:

Well, as usual I fat-fingered my way through another one!  This one was much
worse than usual as last week I had accidentally "cut" the tip of my
right index finger.  I had done this when I was washing a metal pan which was a
part of a warming tray set that my wife wanted for Christmas.  The pan had a
"rolled over" edge around it and I had found something sharp
underneath it.  It was a deep cut and I had to wear a "finger-tip"
bandage on my index finger.  This year this is my excuse and I am sticking with
it!

I started out on 10M but not much going on so I went to 15M and had more
success.  Both 15 & 20M seemed "long" with lots of stations from
CA in the log.  Those stations that I worked to the NE or SE directions were
stronger with the beam pointed west.  I had more success on the lower bands,
especially 80M where I ran some rather than my usual search-and-pounce
operation.  I had some success running on 160M also, but not so much on 40M.  I
never could get any runs going on the remaining bands.

There were a lot of "Bobs" sent as operators from the California
stations so it must have been in memory of someone who had recently passed away.
 Also, there were still a few "Dudes" in memory of W4MYA.  I had many
contacts with a lot of fellow PVRC members and it was good to hear and work so
many of them.  Also while running on 80M I even had a call from Bernie, V47UR!

 I enjoy operating these type of contests as everyone is courteous!  Most of all
 I had fun!

73, Sam W4PK