[3830] NAQP SSB WB8WKQ Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 20 00:50:00 EST 2019

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: WB8WKQ
Operator(s): WB8WKQ
Station: WB8WKQ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Michigan

   15:   21     5
Total:  767   149  Total Score = 114,283

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Very fun time.  I topped last year's (Jan) score by about 100 Q's.  Sure didn't
think I was going to do that at the start, especially when 15 Meters seemed to
just be open to CA, and 20M seemed "so-so".  But, when I got on 40,
WOW!  Had some great runs there and really topped my Q's on that band from last
year.  Would have never guessed that 40M was going to be my "money
band".  Also, did better on 160M, and when I found an opening, had a decent
run.  40 and 160 really improved my score over last year.  I'll be interested to
see how many people agree.  I think the most fun incidents were when KH6CJJ
called me during a run on 80M, and a CA station called me on 80M during a run,
when I couldn't "buy" a CA contact on 40M.  "Life is like a box
of chocolates", I guess.  Had a fun time, and thank everyone for the Q's.