[3830] NAQP SSB K4VBM Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 20 02:04:01 EST 2019

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: K4VBM
Operator(s): K4VBM
Station: K4VBM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    1     1
   15:    5     5
Total:  172    79  Total Score = 13,588

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC

Comments:

Well, for some reason my dipole antenna decided to stop working during the rain
with an infinite SWR.
I looked at it and didn't see any breaks anywhere, so somehow the water affected
it - maybe the insulation rubbed off where it goes over a tree.  At any rate, at
least I still had my wire loop antenna.  Last year I scored 3,128 in this
contest, so I improved a bit over last year.  And, I made my very first 160m SSB
contact! (Need a better antenna for 160m LOL) Bands were noisy, but open.  Even
got some DX. Hope you all had fun, because I did!