[3830] NAQP SSB NN1C(@K1LZ) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 20 10:04:37 EST 2019

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: NN1C
Operator(s): NN1C
Station: K1LZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: A snowy W1

   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total: 1682   169  Total Score = 284,258

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Team: YCCC Defence

Comments:

Where to start?

Thanks to Krassy, K1LZ for letting me use his FB station, and for Velimir, K3JO
for making all the technical things happen. You two are the dream team!

The highlights: 3 hrs over 200/hr. KD1CT, the father of my former math teacher
calling in; something I have waited years for to happen. W1UE moving to 10m for
the mult there, finding some weak mults on 160.

The lowlights: Struggles to find MULTS. ANYWHERE! I need to master that part of
the game. Very high noise levels on 160/80 making hearing and being heard a
challenge. A dead 40m stack, which probably left 100Qs on the table, yet, I seem
to have done pretty good there.

I'm not sure if my off time strategy was perfect, but I am getting better. NAQP
SSB January is always one of my favorite contests, and this one was no
exception. Pending nothing horrific, this should push the MA NA record a fair
bit higher.

The op needs to learn to do 2BSIQ better, put another 100Qs, and 20 mults in the
log, and then we could be going somewhere. Where was ME? Anywhere? I left a lot
of score on the table this weekend. I think I could have theoretically done
~325k with everything clicking correctly. Maybe next year.

Hats off to NN3W, and K7RL, who both kept me in the chair. Chasing K7RL around
on live scores was a lot of fun. Anyone know what credentials to use on the
score distribution server? I ended up starting on CQContest, and moving to
ContestScoreOnline.

Thanks to all!

Marty
NN1C