[3830] NAQP SSB N8II Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 20 15:35:32 EST 2019

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: wv

   10:    3     2
-------------------
Total:  794   153  Total Score = 121,482

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

I was sick this past week, just getting back to close to normal. 15 and 20 were
down as expected, some Es into the NE and possibly IL and the Gulf Coast, but
never heard FL on 20. F2 signals on 20 were strong, plenty of activity from WY
where my daughter works and MT. There must have been some Es on 40 early
evening, as New England and IN/IL were in longer than expected. Rate was
good/great on 75M for quite a long while and improved as skip shortened to
essentially no skip zone around 0130Z. Signals on 160 beyond 9 land seemed down
and the same could be said for 75M, very few 5's worked with storms/QRN probably
a factor.

   I would have to say that the CW end was more fun. Especially the first hours,
many guys did not zero beat me when calling and poor audio seemed far too
common. Also, poor enunciation from callers cost me more than a few unnecessary
fills as well as QRM from a broad signal of a top ten station. Strangest QSO was
someone weak with poor audio who instead of spelling out his name when asked for
it repeatedly told me I could look it up on QRZ.com??? I explained you have to
say your name during the contest.

Thanks for all of the calls; plenty of activity was there when condx allowed.
And, thanks for the spots which caused some fairly big pile ups a few times, but
no problem to work down. Running rates are far more uneven than they should be
with guys mostly chasing spots. Please, no assisted category!

73, Jeff