[3830] NAQP SSB W4KAZ Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 21 10:31:24 EST 2019

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: W4KAZ
Operator(s): W4KAZ
Station: W4KAZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: nc

   80:  20     13
   40:  33     16
   20:   9      4
Total:  62     33  Total Score = 2,046

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Just had a bit of fun S&P to try out some various audio alternatives on the
TS590s.  Mostly late afternoon and early evening. Bands seemed high QRN, but not
many q's after 0100Z.  Worked most of the stations with the RF gain dialed way
back to reduce the QRN that seemed to have a lot more QSB than the stations.
Odd.  The weirdness did help me to dial in the RX NB and NR settings on the
ts590s.  Mucking with the settings made those tools more useable, had never
taken the time to experiment with them before.  It is not a complex radio, but
it is worth the time to personalize the settings.  Probably worth the time to
save and restore the settings for each mode separately too.

Glad I was not pretending to be serious about the contest though.  A contest
good for working on RX noise tools is maybe, just maybe, NOT a contest I will
enjoy.  lol