[3830] NAQP SSB N8SBE Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 21 16:21:17 EST 2019

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: N8SBE
Operator(s): N8SBE
Station: N8SBE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MI

  160:    2     2
   20:   15     5
Total:  107    52  Total Score = 5,564

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team: MRRC/NCCTeam A

Comments:

Was only able to put in 4 hour part-time effort.  Spent the day driving from Ann
Arbor to Cleveland, OH area first of all to DX Engineering open house (great
time, thanks!), and then to MRRC January meeting, only to find it was cancelled
(as well as the W8AZ open house) due to the bad weather.

I was driving my 4x4 dually pickup and was getting around OK, but I guess those
two-wheelers were having too much trouble! :-) So, I made my way back to Ann
Arbor, passing multiple jacknifed trailers on the OH Turnpike.

Started on 20m about 630p EST, and there were a few stations still on, and then
to 40 until I worked it mostly out.  80m for me is a complete loss above 3.8
MHz, due to neighbor with copper-pair AT&T U-Verse installation.  S9+20 db
noise floor!  And 160m was a similar disaster, as he also owns a plasma TV.
Foo.

Gave up about 1030p EST, after having worked most everyone I could hear (and a
few I almost couldn't). Thanks everyone for listening for me.  There were a few
very patient operators, for sure.

Maybe I'll have my noise issues resolve by the August NAQP.

73,

-- Dave, N8SBE