[3830] ARRL Jan VHF K2PI Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 21 19:36:24 EST 2019

                    ARRL January VHF Contest

Call: K2PI
Operator(s): K2PI
Station: K2PI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): .75

    6:  16     7
    2:   1     1
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  17     8  Total Score = 136

I am only submitting my pitiful score to underscore a point.  I am not much of a
VHF contester, but over the years I have enjoyed handing out QSO's to those who
are.  Typically, between 100-200 QSO's which often has netted me some new grids,
and enjoyment.

This year, I could barely last an hour because this has turned into an entirely
FT-8 contest, at least on 6M, and that is simply not enjoyable for me.  I am not
maligning FT-8, many of you enjoy it, but it has become the only mode you hear
in VHF contests this last 18 months, and that is a shame.

I have already made some comments to the ARRL VHF contest editor, and I will
repeat here; VHF contests should be split up into data and SSB/CW contests, or
you will have a unimode contest for the foreseeable future, with consequent loss
of interest on the part of many hams.

My two cents.

73
Harv