[3830] CQ160 CW N3BB Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 27 11:11:18 EST 2019

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2019

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TX

Total:  QSOs = 553  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 11  Total Score = 83,200

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Didn't mean to spend this much time, but it just happened. The conditions were
OK to NA but terrible to EU and Asia. I missed most of the possible EU openings
but still it was bleak. On Saturday night, I did stay for the EU times, but
heard only very, very weak LX7I (he never heard me) and TM7M (he got me right
away). Missed RI and SD states and got most of the usual VEs but not MB and
rarer ones. No AK and only two KH6.

Alternated between combing the band with S&P and CQing, then repeat over and
over.

Propagation was strange, with stations loud one evening, and weak another. All
in, the station worked well. Lots of fun, and lots of little GEs and GMs to
friends, etc.

Ten most worked states: TX (35), PA (31), OH (29), VA (29), IL (26), AZ (26), CA
(26), and MD (23). One each for ND, DE, DC, and WY.

Thanks for lots of low band fun.

73, Jim N3BB

Station: K3 and Alpha 87A at 1200W
Direct-fed Tower Vert on a limestone hill with two elevated radials (Tnx W5JAW
design)
SAL-30 receiving array located 300 feet away down by a creek and barn.