[3830] CQ160 CW KH6CJJ Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 27 13:29:25 EST 2019

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2019

Call: KH6CJJ
Operator(s): KH6CJJ
Station: KH6CJJ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Maui, Hawaii

Total:  QSOs = 123  State/Prov = 37  Countries = 6  Total Score = 51,299

Club: Maui Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

My first significant effort in a 160 meter contest and first with an actual 160
meter antenna.  I think the Double Bazooka Inverted L I put up Thursday worked
well.  The vertical section is only 50' high. Hopefully getting the drooping
“horizontal” section up a little higher and adding more radials (only 20
now) may help.  Even with the better antenna, running 150 watts on 160 is a real
challenge!  Conditions Saturday night were much better than Friday night.  Being
out in the Pacific makes this only a night-time affair.  Congrats to KH6LC and
KH7B for their very strong efforts!

Thanks for all the Qs and digging me out of the noise.

73 and Aloha,  Kent