[3830] CQ160 CW VE9AA Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 27 17:17:57 EST 2019

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2019

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: nb
Operating Time (hrs): 6:01

Total:  QSOs = 338  State/Prov = 49  Countries = 30  Total Score = 137,381

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

My motivation for repairing my 160m inv L this week was to show support for the
VO2AC Dxpedition.  These are guys from the Maritime Contest Club and also
NFLD.....I am sure you'll read all about it soon.

I went assisted, so I would be able to walk in the shack shortly after the
opening bell, work Dave/Chris & Frank and then walk away.  I did that.

I made the mistake of leaving the radio on, so came back later and worked an
hours worth, then before bed, another hour....then Sat another hour (you see
where this is going)

Either my antenna is sub-par or there was a blanket on top of me.  Condx felt
very muted and even working N6TR, K4XU and K7RL on the left coast was hard.

DL6FBL had the best EU signal (during the times I was on)

Even though E7DX was 519-559 here all weekend long (just 6hrs op time here) and
was calling empty CQ's I never could get Braco(?)'s attention despite calling
him 483 times.....hi hi

Had fun...put in more of an effort than usual in this one....went assisted
(weird for me and it didn't help, AT ALL) and most of all, heard the guys in
Labrador having fun and see by the RBN they were rockin' it into EU.

WTG guys,

Mike VE9AA