[3830] CQ160 CW K5KG Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 27 17:24:39 EST 2019

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2019

Call: K5KG
Operator(s): K5KG
Station: K5KG

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 14:39

Total:  QSOs = 769  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 53  Total Score = 281,329

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Excellent condx most of the time.  Some build up of QRN on Saturday evening, but
otherwise a relatively quiet band.  I do not have a rx antenna, so copying the
European signals was a challenge.  I ran my K3 with full APF most of the time to
dig out the weak ones.

Best DX was 4X2M, P33W and and a few other zone 20 stations. Also ZP5DBC down
south of the border where it's summertime. A big thanks to the European stations
and their patience while I pulled out their call signs.  And a big thanks to all
the Stateside stns for being there.

VO2AC had a smashing signal thanks to the efforts of Frank, VO1HP and his
friends.  It was special to be able to work a VO2 (zone 2) without even trying!
Check out the VO2AC QRZ page to see the severe wx they faced.  Also, thanks to
Gus, VO1MP for handing out the VO1 mult.

Missed KL7 and SD (as most everyone seems to have missed...was anyone QRV in
SD?). Also missed: NS, PEI,MB, NT, YT & NU (OF COURSE)

Station:

K3 & KPA1500
160m Inverted L
No rx antenna...yet