[3830] CQ160 CW K4XL Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 27 19:46:21 EST 2019

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2019

Call: K4XL
Operator(s): K4XL
Station: K4XL

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: VA

Total:  QSOs = 857  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 52  Total Score = 307,044

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

A stomach virus didn't help and Murphy struck half way through the test with an
antenna problem. That problem was repaired before the band really opened up, so
while I was rattled, it was no big deal.  The patch job will require tending to
when the weather improves.  The first night was only so-so but the second
evening was great with good openings into Europe.  I missed SD and the rare
Canadians.  Signals were generally louder than expected...even from Europe.
Chasing N3QE on the On-line Scoreboard helped me improve my score and was a lot
of fun.  Lots of friends from other CQ, ARRL and NAQP 160 tests were worked and
lots of new calls too.  That's an encouraging sign! Thanks everyone for the Qs!

IC-7800
Alpha 78
MicroKeyer II
N1MM+