[3830] RAC Day NT6Q(N5ZO) SOAB/CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jul 2 23:58:05 EDT 2019

                    RAC Canada Day Contest - 2019

Call: NT6Q
Operator(s): N5ZO
Station: N5ZO

Class: SOAB/CW HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   19              5
   80:   91              8
   40:  218             10
   20:  333             11
   15:   63              7
   10:    4              3
Total:  728     0       44         0  Total Score = 171,600

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Took some time to report here as had small problem with computer logger and few
Qs had Band as 0 in my score summary.
Some folks here commented of decent conditions.  Not so from here.  Been doing
this for almost 40 years now and I don't remember ever operating full length (24
hrs or more) contest with so poor conditions as we had on this one.  15 and 10
from here were absolutely miserable and East-West path was super poor. I even
thought I would have no 10 m Qs at all in this one but then at 1909 z heard
faint VE3WG and couple other Canadians bit later, and that was it.  Nightime
conditions were somewhat better, but all bands were super noisy with heavy QSB.
I remember working KE0UI on some band and I was not able to complete QSO as he
kept dropping into mud and I did not get his QSL.  Had to go back 3 times I
think to finally put him in my log.  I was not going to do full time effort but
I just decided to slug it out to see if I had it in me, even when it was really
miserable.  I had some times with no Qs for 10-15 mins despite using 2 radios
and lots of dual CQs.  Let's see if I even get on air for IARU contest, I feel
right now not, but maybe I will recover by then...
Tnx for Qs and congrats to all winners !
73 de Marko N5ZO