[3830] DL-DX RTTY N6IE SOAB-6 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 7 13:01:06 EDT 2019

                    DL-DX RTTY Contest - 2019

Call: N6IE
Operator(s): N6IE
Station: N6IE

Class: SOAB-6 HP
QTH: SF
Operating Time (hrs): 3
Remote Operation

   80:    7   35     7
   40:   35  205    15
   20:   66  530    28
   15:    2   20     2
   10:
------------------------
Total:  110  790    52  Total Score = 41,080

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I mostly did the contest to test out my new KPA1500, which worked fine and had
no problems running legal limit on aggressive RTTY.  Fan speed never got above 2
out of 5. Temperature never exceeded 74 C.  I did run into a problem with RFI
getting into the SteppIR controller that would cause it to want to tune which
puts the KPA1500 into standby during each transmission.  I needed a quick run to
the remote site to bypass the PTT lockout wiring.  Fixing that the right way is
a whole 'nuther project!

Band conditions were typically poor...I only worked about three DL's and three
JA's.