[3830] IARU HH2AA(KO7SS) SOAB(A)CW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 14 08:52:09 EDT 2019

                    IARU HF World Championship - 2019

Call: HH2AA
Operator(s): KO7SS
Station: HH2AA

Class: SOAB(A)CW LP
QTH: HAITI
Operating Time (hrs): 20
Remote Operation

  160:     8    0       4        1
   80:    60    0      10       12
   40:   258    0      24       31
   20:   658    0      27       37
   15:   123    0      15       23
   10:    18    0       2        4
-------------------------------------
Total:  1125    0      82      108  Total Score = 734,350

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to Ray W2RE and the guys at RemoteHamRadio for another fun DX
contest outing!

The station I was going to use in Maine developed some RF issues in the
shack, so at the last minute HH2AA was chosen for the contest. I had great
times from here in CQWWCW and ARRLDXCW, but with the summertime condx and
ZERO sunspots this was a lot of work. Running was fun, but calling CQers
was often frustrating beyond belief. Some ops can't copy HH2 no matter
how slow it is sent. My tiny signal and their local T-storms probably
didn't help :(

Again, congrats to Ray W2RE and Lee WW2DX for the efforts at getting HH2AA
on the air. It is literally a small concrete shed on top of a mountain,
with a solar panel on the roof and a battery on the floor. Inside is a K3
and KAT500 tuner, a rotor controller and a modem/server on a shelf. That's
it. Outside just a small 10-20M yagi and an OCF dipole:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV6l8JsXKCI

It's sad this contest has to be stacked so much in favor of W1/2/3 with
the 5 point EU Q's. It would be so easy for everyone to compete if there
were just 1 and 3 point Q's.

73, Bill KO7SS