[3830] IARU N0AX M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 14 11:26:53 EDT 2019

                    IARU HF World Championship - 2019

Call: N0AX
Operator(s): N0AX AA0Z N0SSC WB0SND K0SND WB0TUA
Station: N0AX

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MO

  160:    29            5       1
   80:   180     4     13      11
   40:   134     5     16       7
   20:   546   288     35      33
   15:   130           17      25
   10:    23     2      3       1
-------------------------------------
Total:  1032   299     86      66  Total Score = 630,344

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

This was a 2M operation - two multi-ops (MS-HP) - since we really didn't want to
be sitting around waiting on the 10-minute timer.  We would have done M2
otherwise.  W0ECC (Elayer Contest Club) was the other call sign.  We had about
50/50 ops who preferred CW or Phone so it worked out pretty well.  Didn't really
try to balance on each station (it shows).  This was a get-together-and-have-fun
event and at that we succeeded!

40 and 20 were quite good (ECC has more 40 meter QSOs by far) especially the
over-the-pole night-time openings on 20.  80 and 160 were pretty noisy but not
impossible.  Didn't spend a lot of time on 75, though.  A short opening on 10
meters to the NE was fun and 15 was better than expected.  Quiet conditions and
a big contest make for HF fun :-)

Young Dylan, K0SND, is coming up to speed and will no doubt do a solo effort at
some point.  Nice to see smiling faces and comments like, "Shooting fish in
a barrel!" make me think the station is playing well.  See you in the NAQP
if scheduling permits.

73, Ward N0AX