[3830] IARU NR1DX SOABCW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 14 11:35:43 EDT 2019

                    IARU HF World Championship - 2019

Call: NR1DX
Operator(s): NR1DX
Station: NR1DX

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: FLORIDA

  160:   19             5       2
   80:   57            13      13
   40:  262            23      24
   20:  540            25      23
   15:  100            13       6
   10:   20             3       4
-------------------------------------

First IARU contest in so long cant remember the last time.
New Station set up in February:
QTH: WCF Section (Tampa, FL)
TS990
KPA1500
50'/160M T
55'/80M Inv L
55'/40m Inv V
Stepp-IR 3E @40'

At 72 I just cant do an "all-nighter" anymore, Hope I live long enough
to do this contest when the sun spot cycle is up in 6 years. This is an all new
station for me, my retirement gift to myself. The TS990 CW filters are amazing.
The KPA1500 amp makes it all so easy, no tune up every time I changed bands.
Happy with 160/80 antennas though I struggled with common mode RF choking the
weeks B4 the contest, Solved on 160 but 80 still "leaking"  some RF
down the feed line and choke is too hot to touch. Need to rethink the 40M
inverted V