[3830] IARU VE7UF(VE7JH) SOABMixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 14 15:56:15 EDT 2019

                    IARU HF World Championship - 2019

Call: VE7UF
Operator(s): VE7JH
Station: VE7UF

Class: SOABMixed HP
QTH: ITU Zone 2

  160:    31            7       1
   80:   167           13       5
   40:   334    14     21       8
   20:   760   477     33      30
   15:    52           10       4
   10:     1            1       0
-------------------------------------
Total:  1345   491     85      48  Total Score = 808,640

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

[log removed from comments]

Thanks to Duane, VE7UF for letting me captain (and crew) the ship once again.
It's my first time doing this contest seriously and did not know what to expect.
I had continuous action for the whole 24 hours despite the rather poor
conditions and our being quite far removed from the hub of action.
(I'll insert a line here for my future comparison about Zone/QSO:
8/567, 6/439, 5/307, 45/132 4/60. Europe: 27/11, 28/68, 29/55.)

10m was dead. The only QSO is with usual suspect K7RL just a couple of islands
over here on the West Coast.
I was scanning 15m all day ( I was unassisted) and calling CQ in a kind of SO2R
fashion. It just never opened up. I worked what I heard.
20m was the money band. Europe was tough to come by, though there was a pretty
good opening late evening. I spent some time padding the log with North American
SSB contacts and wore out the big knob trying to find HQ stations. Great
activity from the USA, there was a large number of Zone 6 stations booming in
all day. Plenty of South American and Caribbeans around, I think I got all the
zones in the Americas. Besides UA9 and JA not much from Asia and Oceania was
pretty quiet too except for a good showing of VK/ZL.
No Europe heard on 40m (I might have missed the evening opening) but plenty of
Americas stations and a great abundance of W6's.
We have noise problems on 80m and 160m but considering the time of year they did
quite well.
Great fun as usual, nice to see all those HQ stations and the IARU executives
getting on the air.

73,
Gabor, VE7JH