[3830] IARU K7BTW M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jul 15 16:25:19 EDT 2019

                    IARU HF World Championship - 2019

Call: K7BTW
Operator(s): K7BTW K7VAP K7MO N9ADG
Station: K7BTW

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Rainier, WA

  160:    0      0      0       0
   80:   35      1      7       2
   40:  216    253     21      14
   20:  380    424     27      20
   15:    6      0      3       1
   10:    0      0      0       0
-------------------------------------
Total:  637    678     58      37  Total Score = 335,065

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

IARU was a challenge this year with the current state of band conditions, but
that doesn't take away from the fact that we had fun.

The crew consisted of k7vap, k7mo, k7btw, and a special guest appearance by the
legendary n9adg.  Brian stopped by Saturday afternoon sporting his Spandex
cycling attire to help us by making 18 phone q's.  After replenishing his body
fluids with a couple of brewskies, he rejoined the throng of about 10,000
cyclists for the remaining 123 miles of the STP (Seattle to Portland) bike ride.
 He spent the night in Chehalis before completing the journey on Sunday.
Congratulations to Brian for his accomplishment after a 6 year hiatus from the
event.

The first 2 hours of the contest was the slowest period.  After that, things
picked up somewhat but we were never able to reach last year's qso total.  We
were down 17% in total contacts, and with many fewer mults, our score was off by
34% from 2018.

20 meters was strange.  Very little EU or AS except for around 0130z to 0230z
when a few very strong stations appeared from EU, AS and over the pole from
Kazakhstan.

40 meters was the nighttime band of choice, yielding some good runs.

Most bands seemed to have high qrn levels and a deep rapid qsb.

Tnx to everyone who worked us and to Val, Nick, and Brian for making up the A
team.

73, Dick, k7btw