[3830] IARU WX0B(AD5Q) SOABCW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jul 15 20:44:23 EDT 2019

                    IARU HF World Championship - 2019

Call: WX0B
Operator(s): AD5Q
Station: WX0B

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: Dallas

  160:    24    0       7       1
   80:   223    0      16      20
   40:   606    0      33      29
   20:   752    0      28      26
   15:   380    0      16      19
   10:    77    0       5       2
-------------------------------------
Total:  2062    0     105      97  Total Score = 1,370,772

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

Bottom line (score) is about the same as last year. Conditions were different,
and I think slightly worse overall. Slight changes in band changing strategy
made up the difference. Station played well and there was no down time.

My first Q on 10 was a local I moved from 20 since I was concerned that the band
would be totally dead. 10m was actually open for several hours, but nearly all
zone 8. There was no zone 6 (or W1AW/7), and the only other contact in my own
zone was a 2nd Dallas local. Nothing west at all. But YR0HQ and IR4M were worked
during my run - both easy copy. Am wondering how many EU's 'GN worked on 10. I
didn't do any pouncing during that opening.

There were no Asian runs on either 15 or 20 where last year there was a nice 20m
run after midnight. The lowbands were noisy from a nearby tropical storm, making
the JA run on 40 very difficult. There was little else to do until the band
opened up better later after 0900z, since the stateside activity on 80 (and 160)
was already in the log. Both 40 and 80 did eventually run, and I thought 80 was
better than usual because some nice mults called in.

Overall, the log shows that 67.4% of contacts were in North America. 23.4% were
EU and 5.4% Asia.

Roy -- AD5Q