[3830] NAQP RTTY KG5U Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 21 02:12:41 EDT 2019

                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: KG5U
Operator(s): KG5U
Station: KG5U

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Texas

   40: 1144    40
Total:  238   100  Total Score = 23,800

Club: Texas DX Society

Team: TDXS

Comments:

Early on in this thing, I just could not get anything going, CQ-wise (few
replies) or S&P (lost way more jump balls than I won). Conditions picked up
toward 23z. When 80 became active the signals were so watery and getting beaten
up by the QRN that it was extremely difficult to get a solid-copy QSO without a
lot of requests for repeats. Nevertheless, I had great fun--so much so, I didn't
get out of the chair until 0212z. The station played well--even though a couple
of times the radio's Slice 2 power output dropped to zero--I restored power by
changing to another band and coming back; full power until the next time. Ah
well.

73,
dale, kg5u

Radio: Flex-6600M - 100w
Antennas: AV-640 10-20m, 40m inv vee at 70\' and 80m inv vee at 70\'
Logger: N1MM+