[3830] CQWW VHF N9OU SOSB/6 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 21 17:21:42 EDT 2019

                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest - 2019

Call: N9OU
Operator(s): N9OU
Station: N9OU

Class: SOSB/6 LP
QTH:

    6:  91     62
Total:  91     62  Total Score = 5,642

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Summer lightning storms stopped both afternoons short, but not before some great
propagation first!

On Sunday, the lightning got close enough and created enough havoc that I had to
QRT before I could get AF1T's grid even after several tries--sorry about that,
OM!

Operated as a 6m-only station.  Started on USB and went to FT8 when it seemed
dead; FT8 was where most ops were!  23 Qs on USB vs 68 on FT8!  18 grids on USB
and 44 on FT8!  One nice part about FT8 was I could see the grid before and the
color told me it was a missing grid, so chasing new grids were definitely
easier.

Heard Italy several times coming into Florida, but Italy couldn't hear me.