[3830] CQWW VHF K9DR SOSB/6 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 21 18:30:39 EDT 2019

                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest - 2019

Call: K9DR
Operator(s): K9DR
Station: K9DR

Class: SOSB/6 LP
QTH: WY

    6:  44     33
Total:  44     33  Total Score = 1,452

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Strange propagation, but that's the "Magic Band" for you.  Heard lots
of stuff I couldn't work, which hadn't happened to me before. Probably nothing
that couldn't be fixed with more aluminum and Watts!

Saw N7IR on PSK Reporter working stuff Sunday morning with MSK144, so gave it a
try for the very first time, but didn't work anything.  I'm intrigued by the
sound it makes...reminds me of a marine engine room!  Something new for me to
learn and sorry I didn't get familiar with it sooner, because I think I could
have made some significant points in this and other VHF contests.

Only 3 CW and 8 USB QSO's were in my total of 44, so 3/4 were FT8. I spent a lot
of time calling CQ on CW and USB which only generated 2 of those 11 QSO's.  The
rest were S&P and that total would have been much lower if I didn't have the
P3 panadapter.  Yes, you can certainly generate much higher run rates with the
older modes, but with most stations parking on FT8, it's tough to generate much
on CW and USB these days.