[3830] CQWW VHF K1KA SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 21 20:12:15 EDT 2019

                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest - 2019

Call: K1KA
Operator(s): K1KA
Station: K1KA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  249   109
Total:  263   121  Total Score = 31,823

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:

All in all I thought conditions were fairly good but very unstable. Many
incomplete QSO's. Started out great but then signals were gone. Usually we found
each other again at some point. Didn't have any great SSB runs like last years
June event, but time in the chair usually pays off. FT4 worked well, except it
is so fast, I kept running out of people to work and then back to FT8. Wish more
would give it a try. It also is faster than my log dupe checking software, Sorry
if I called a few folks I'd already worked. The softare usually caught up before
the second transmission. Guess I should slow down? Naw.

Stats:
95% of my QSOs were on 6m.
203 FT8 & FT4, 33 on SSB, 13 CW. Don't own an FM radio.

Two Meters was a disappointment. I though conditions were especially poor. Maybe
just all the activity on 6 drained it more than usual.

I thought activity levels were very good on 6M. I think more folks are getting
on FT8 and trying out VHF Contesting. It seemed there was always someone to
work.

Thanks all for the QSOs.

Rig: K3S SPE 1.3K-FA 5 el at 70 Ft.on 6M
     K3S