[3830] CQWW VHF N4HB SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jul 22 09:11:27 EDT 2019

                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest - 2019

Call: N4HB
Operator(s): N4HB
Station: N4HB

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VA

    6:  317   140
Total:  371   163  Total Score = 69,275

Conditions on Saturday were great, with mainly single hop openings to many grids
from the Mid West to the Eastern US workable. The E skip got really short and
I'm sure there were possibilities on 2 meters for E skip there also, but 6 was
too busy to leave! Sunday started much slower, but FT8 and M/S kept things
moving forward. There was a good, but short, opening to Europe in the afternoon
to our location (FM17) and the afternoon also brought more E opening to much of
the US and Central America.  All in all, it was a fun time and with the heat
index outside around 110 degrees, so it was easy to stay inside on the radio and
out of the heat!

The participation seemed to be good this year and thanks to all those who I was
able to work in the contest.

VHF Setup:

6 Meters: Flex 6600M, Acom 1500 amplifier, JK-65, 5 Element beam @ 38 feet.

2 Meters: Flex 6400M w/Maestro, Gemini 2, 1.2 KW amplifier, 12 Element, K1FO
beam @ 85 feet.