[3830] IARU 9A/OM7RU SOABCW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jul 23 19:11:19 EDT 2019

                    IARU HF World Championship - 2019

Call: 9A/OM7RU
Operator(s): OM7RU
Station: 9A/OM7RU

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: JN73RX
Operating Time (hrs): 8:55

   20:  294     0      19      25
-------------------------------------

My the first foreign contest activity ever, in just for fun style.

We arrived to the Croatian holiday village Sveti Filip i Jakov in the time of
running contest. I didin't have enough time to build and test any complicated
antenna. I decided to use simple long wire. I was lucky man, because our
apartment was of two floor with balcony and easy access to the roof. So building
of cca 50m long LW, cca 8 - 5 m above the ground was quick work. But grounding
was poor, I struggled with interferences, so decission was to run only 20m CW.
Antenna worked surprisingly good, with a lot of interesting DXs.

I was lucky for the second time, when the hotel resort stuff discovered my
antenna and ask me stridently to dismount such dangerous wire... I promise, that
I do it in 1,5 hour. They was satisfied, and I was satisfied too. Because it was
just one hour before the end of the contest, hi.

The goal was achieved - to have some fun, new experiences and to give few more
points to other guys.

Eqiupment:
IC-706 MkII, MFJ-969, LW 50m

73!