[3830] NAQP RTTY W9KKN(@NW6P) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Jul 27 00:19:38 EDT 2019

                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: W9KKN
Operator(s): W9KKN
Station: NW6P

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Cupertino, CA

   10:    6     3
-------------------
Total:  524   125  Total Score = 65,500

Club: Pizza Lovers 259

Team: Pizza Lovers 259

Comments:

As always, thanks to Tom/NW6P for the use of the station.

Sorry for the delayed 3830, work was pretty intense this week (as is becoming
the story these days) -- I did manage to sneak in uploading logs on time for Tom
and I between meetings, though.

I started the contest a little out of breath after running up the tower to
install a dedicated feed line for 10m thinking we were going to have some nice
Es or something. Well -- that applied to the East coast, but not for any of us
West coast suckers. Sorry, I jinxed it. It was good SO3R practice opportunity,
though.

This was a tough slog, 15m was weak, 20m was weak -- there was just a wall
between us and anything beyond Colorado. Summer NAQP RTTY Blues. Activity really
picked up on 40/80m though, fortunately, but I had burned too much time earlier;
didn't quite expect that in the off time strategy. During the off times though,
I was able to get Tom/NW6P operating under his own call!

The goal was to put in a solid score for the team and keep up with the other
locals :)

73 and see you in the next contest!

--Bill/W9KKN