[3830] WPX CW HP8/NC6Q SOAB TB-Wires LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jun 4 13:53:07 EDT 2019

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: HP8/NC6Q
Operator(s): NC6Q
Station: HP8/NC6Q

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: Panama
Operating Time (hrs): 3-4

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

A one-week, planned visit to Panama to take of some electrical/plumbing work AND
squeeze in a little operating in the CQ WW WPX CW Contest at beach house on the
Pacific.
.
Rig: IC-7300, antenna: 20m wire ground plane 30 feet from ocean, 40m end fed
wire up 20 feet, zig-zag fashion (long story), WinKeyer USB, N1MM+
.
Lots of Europeans to work for the time I was on the air. Have never worked
Israel, or Ukraine before from anywhere. S&Ping the whole time,I learned to
adapt to the long call sign (HP8/NC6Q) by first just sending HP8, then, when
recognized, sending the whole call sign. Most hams answered with "HP8"
and let me send the complete call sign. Some accepted those 3 characters and
sent me their exchange! Of course, I had to get him to send me the call
correctly before I would send my exchange. This took a lot of time. I started
out sending about 26 wpm but with so many repeats, I slowed down to 20 to 23 wpm
to make thing go more smoothly. Some good hams out there, however, copied my
entire call sign correctly at 26 wpm and higher! I real pleasure to experience
that.