[3830] ARRL June VHF KM4SII SO 3Band LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 9 19:23:59 EDT 2019

                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2019

Call: KM4SII
Operator(s): KM4SII
Station: KM4SII

Class: SO 3Band LP
QTH: EM96
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  76     33
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  76     33  Total Score = 2,508

Club: Deep Dixie Contest Club

Comments:

Worked the contest with a single HF dipole up 25 feet tuned up on 6m and about
90w.

The contest started with a solid opening to the north.... lots of good phone,
CW, and of course FT8 signals. After about 2.5 hours the band dropped off and I
only worked a few locals and a random VE2 in the few times I checked the rig in
between other activities the rest of the day.

When I fired up the rig on Sunday at 14:30 there was a samll opening to W0/W9.
Most QSOs were made on FT8. Signals had crazy QSB with many poping up out of the
noise and then disaperaring for good before a 15 second FT8 cycle completed.
This made finishing a contact very difficult and often impssible.

The rest of Sunday afternoon was spent mainly hearing the same four or five
locals with the occasional decode of a weak single-hop station, but as in the
morning, they would fade in for a single decode and then would be gone. I
checked the radio periodicly but a solid opening never materialized.

Only heard a handfull of phone signals all of Sunday. Most were too weak to copy
properly but I manage a QSO with WA0FAA when the band brought his signal up for
a minute or so. I also heard a VA6 who was the only phone or CW signal audible
at the time but he was much too weak to work.

Last QSO in the log at 18:51 UTC.

Despite less than perfect conditions it was still a fun, casual weekend
activity!

73 from Mason, KM4SII (16 years old)