[3830] ARRL June VHF N4BP SO 3Band LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 10 07:52:59 EDT 2019

                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2019

Call: N4BP
Operator(s): N4BP
Station: N4BP

Class: SO 3Band LP
QTH: EL96

    2:    0     0
  222:    0     0
  432:    0     0
  903:    0     0
  1.2:    0     0
  2.3:    0     0
  3.4:    0     0
  5.7:    0     0
  10G:    0     0
  24G:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  141    65  Total Score = 9,230

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

This was to be a test run for Field Day using emergency power from my Chevy
Volt's 16kWh Li-ion battery.  Previously, I had installed a 1KW Samlex Pure Sine
Wave Inverter in the vehicle but had not yet tested it.  I relocated the K3 and
laptop to the kitchen for a short power run to the car, but it took 50ft of
RG-8X to connect to the antenna back in the shack.  That run dropped 3db leaving
me 50W going into the 100ft run of RG-213 through the attic and up the tower.
No telling how much RF actually reached the antenna!  The Volt displays battery
condition as range in miles.  At the start, it showed 52 EV miles; when I shut
down at 4:30PM on Sunday, it showed 31 EV miles remaining.  Probably 3/4 of my
op time was on FT8 with its high duty cycle, so I'm confident the Volt's battery
will handle 24 hours of CW in FD easily.
So.. Test for FD a definite success, VHF Contest - worst ever!