[3830] ARRL June VHF W5PR Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 10 08:53:16 EDT 2019

                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2019

Call: W5PR
Operator(s): W5PR
Station: W5PR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  331   132
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  331   132  Total Score = 43,692

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

68 FT8 Qs. Mostly on Saturday evening. Struggled with the FT8 setup all the
first day and most of Sunday. SO2R multiplied the problems by 10. I still don't
feel that FT8 is working properly. Many times I can see five or six (or more)
fairly strong FT8 signals, but nothing decodes. PSK reporter shows me being
copied at numerous locations. In the past, I have had signals decode when I
don't even notice them on the waterfall. Much of the time the "Decode"
button does not even light up at the end of a period. The indicator is green and
up to 60 or 80. (Flex 6700, N1MM+, WSJT-X 2.0.1 Time automatically syncing with
NIST) I did decode some JAs one time, but no completed contacts. I tried
changing the numbers on the Advanced Settings page, but didn't notice any
difference. On Saturday I tried restarting my computer on a suggestion from a
friend (thanks Bob!) and it turned out that there was a big Windows update that
had everything hung up. After that I was decoding SOME signals. I think I
decoded way more signals in the older versions of WSJT-X I did work Joe, K1JT
which was a hoot!No DX other than a couple of XE2s along the Texas border. PSK
Reporter made me ill with the HUGE number of lines from the East Coast to EU and
from the West Coast to JA, but nothing but little short girley-boy lines in the
middle of the country.