[3830] TBDC K1WHS Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 17 20:58:15 EDT 2019

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Summer

Call: K1WHS
Operator(s): K1WHS
Station: K1WHS

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN43

Total:  QSOs = 66  Total Score = 166

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I had a serious problem hearing USA stations as my West and N.West beverages
decided to not function on Saturday. I had only a SW beverage or a JA (330
degree) beverage. Naturally I am suspecting the rodent population who have been
tormenting me for years. Other than that all was OK. I was surprised to hear
very little from Europe when there was a night time path early on after my
sunset. I did manage to work YO2DFA at 02:14 UT and G4UFK later at 03:27 UT. I
quit at about 03:50 UT as I had to be ready to go on Sunday morning for Father's
Day!! I missed most all of the west coast action as a result. It sure was fun to
play CW on 160 again. Static was pretty good here in Maine. Rig was a K3 and an
amplifier. TX antenna is a single vertical.