[3830] ARRL FD NR4O 2A LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 23 18:51:07 EDT 2019

                    ARRL Field Day - 2019

Call: NR4O
Operator(s): K4QPL N3ND K5OF W4BBT
Station: NR4O

Class: 2A LP
QTH: Grey Goos Farm - FM0

   15:    27     26
   10:
    6:                 10
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  1246   1050    10  Total Score = 7,124

We had a great time operating class 2A with a group from the NC East chapter of
PVRC - Jim(K4QPL), Dan(N3ND), Ed(K5OF), Don(W4BBT) and Eric(NR4O).  We ran 3
transmitters, 1-CW, 1-Phone and 1-VHF(6M-Digital).  The 6M transmitter being a
free VHF station was setup just for fun with arm-strong rotated Moxon built just
for FD.  Each generator powered station had a K3 and 3 dipoles for 80M, 40M and
20M varying in height from 30 to 50 feet.  We got off to a bit of slow start
after finishing up the dipole installation and adjustments just 15 minutes
before the 1800 UTC start time.  Both stations operated simultaneously for the
entire 24 hour period allowed with only short breaks for operator changes and
generator servicing.  One of the ops commented that we avoided any visits from
every ones friend Murphy.  For me personally, one of the highlights of the
operation was working KZ1M.  This is the Eastern Connecticut Amateur Radio
Association memorial club station for my dear friend Jim Dalterio(SK) Sunday
afternoon.  I last operated field day way back in 1993 before relocating to NC
with him and the ECARA club.  A special thanks goes out to ECARA for making my
day.  A special thanks to Jim, K4QPL and his son for allowing us to operate from
the Grey Goose Farm.  It was a privilege to have my call used for this FD
operation.  I look forward to doing this again.  Lastly, thanks to all the ops
that braved the elements in their respective locations to provide all the QSO's
during the weekend.  Hope to hear you all next year.

73,
Eric - NR4O