[3830] ARRL FD K2QO 1B QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 23 19:23:54 EDT 2019

                    ARRL Field Day - 2019

Call: K2QO
Operator(s): K2QO
Station: K2QO

Class: 1B QRP
QTH: WNY

    6:    6             6
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  150     0       6  Total Score = 650

Club: Niagara Frontier Radiosport

Comments:

Had fun operating backyard /p with Par End Fed antennas for 40/20/10 and 6m. Ran
the K3/P3 and 2010 MacBook Pro from a fully solar charged deep cycle battery
which did fine for the time I was on the air. It has been my rover battery for
almost 8 years so a trip to the recycling rack at Walmart is in order :-)

The best part of FD was operating with the Lancaster Amateur Radio Club at their
FD site just 3 miles from my QTH as the crow flies. These guys are absolute
masters of BBQ. And the beans were fantastic too! And who has Maker's Mark at
FD?!

Got some super cool aerial photos while I was there on Sunday. Would have done
that Saturday, but the host, AG2AA suggested I try out the IC7300 on 80M just
before Saturday sunset. 2 hours later the sun was down and I had loads of CW Qs
in the log as the DJI Phantom 4A took a snooze.

Here's hoping the WX is as good for 2020.

73,
Mark K2QO
FN03ra