[3830] ARRL FD K5TU 2E LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 24 00:39:06 EDT 2019

                    ARRL Field Day - 2019

Call: K5TU
Operator(s): K5TU KG5U NZ5I W5MJ K5PI NW7DX K5WA
Station: K5TU

Class: 2E LP
QTH: STX

  160:     0     0      0
   80:   176     0     44
   40:   586   191     11
   20:  1033   772      0
   15:   299    25      1
   10:   248     0      0
    6:     0     0      1
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  2342   988     57  Total Score = 11,572

Club: Tilson Contest Club

Comments:

Our regular FD crew had another fun outing at the ranch home of Kim, K5TU.  Kim
and Mary put on a fantastic weekend of hospitality as we enjoyed another FD
weekend.  We've pretty much given up on erecting multiple towers and beams for
the weekend like we did for years in the Texas 105 degree heat but we manage to
sweat a good bit even so as we prepare the station for FD.  Everything worked
and some of us learned what FT-8 is all about.  We even made a 6M QSO with KP4
on FT-8.  Kim's 4KW Honda generator kept the rigs and computers humming without
a hiccup again and we got to swap lies with our friends we might not have seen
for a year.  I think we all gained 10 pounds with the incredible food that Kim
and Mary provided.

Very glad to see all the new operators learning the ropes as is the FD tradition
and hope they get some of the bad habits out of their systems now so they don't
come up again.  Also, hope some folks figure out how to use the RIT properly
when tuning so they can actually make a QSO on the first call rather than
missing the mark several times.  Those learning curves can be tough but worth
the effort.

While we didn't concentrate on Bonus Points, I think we'll end up just shy of
12K for a score when we put all the documentation together so 11.5K is our base
score.

Can't wait till next year!

73,
Bob K5WA