[3830] ARRLDX SSB NR4O SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 3 19:17:53 EST 2019

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: NR4O
Operator(s): NR4O
Station: NR4O

Class: SO Unlimited HP
Cabrillo Category: Single-Op All-Band Assisted One-Transmitter HP
QTH: NC - FM05

   10:    9     4
-------------------
Total:  514   230  Total Score = 354,660

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I met my goal of 500 Q's & 200 mults.  It took a bit more time than I
thought it would. The Q's were effectively all S&P.  I just couldn't get any
runs going.  I got a late start Friday evening because of a prior commitment.
But, 40, 80 and 160 were good when I did get started.  Conditions seemed about
as good as you might expect given the current sunspot cycle. I did got to work
T31EU on 40M and KH7 on 160M which surprised me. I even managed to get some 10M
Q's. It was a lot of work to dig some of the signals out of the noise and the
pileups.  15M was on and off to SA.  I wasn't quick enough to catch an opening
Sunday morning and afternoon opening to SA wasn't very good.  I briefly heard
AH2R on 20M, but couldn't bust that pileup.  My Inv-L proved to be the better
antenna working into SA on 20M with the 20M loop doing pretty well to Europe.
The new vertical Moxon I built proved to be a bust.  It seems to pick up way
more noise than the Inv-L making it unusable for weak signals and it didn't help
working Europe like it was supposed too.  Still overall happy with the outcome
and all the equipment was working well.  Glad my wife puts up with me ignoring
her for a couple of days at a time for these contests!

73,
Eric
FTdx3000/SPE 1.3K
FT-991/TL-922A