[3830] ARRLDX SSB NB1N SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 3 20:40:33 EST 2019

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: NB1N
Operator(s): NB1N
Station: NB1N

Class: SOAB HP
Cabrillo Category: Single-Op All-Band Non-Assisted One-Transmitter HP
QTH: EMA

  160:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  380   166  Total Score = 189,240

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

The worst condition I have seen in a long time, very high noise level on the low
bands, fast QSB, strange band openings to various parts of Europe at the same
time.  I used an RX antenna for 80 (and even on 40), exclusively due to the
noise and static crashes.   I had intermittent high SWR with couple of the
antennas only the 80 meter dipole worked without any issues.  Several attempts
of running only produced a couple Qs each time, S&P 99 % of the time.  Still
had fun despite the miserable conditions.  Thanks for pulling out my call and
exchange.

K3
KPA500
LP-PAN2 Panadapter
ZS6BKW
A3S Driven element (suspended from a tree)
80 meter dipole

 73, Sandor - NB1N