[3830] ARRLDX SSB W0WCS(ND0C) SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 3 20:58:26 EST 2019

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: W0WCS
Operator(s): ND0C
Station: W0WCS

Class: SOAB LP
Cabrillo Category: Single-Op All-Band Non-Assisted One-Transmitter LP
QTH: MN

  160:    0     0
   80:    4     4
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  126    80  Total Score = 30,240

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

I decided to operate for a few hours from my daughter's school using school club
station to pick up some new DXCC entities for the kids. It will give them some
new countries to "pin" on their map and some good DX QSL cards to add
to their collection.

I got home from a business trip just before midnight (local) Friday night, so
just waited until the next morning to get started.  I was envisioning working a
bunch of Europeans all morning on 20.  Unfortunately, as we all know by now, the
conditions were terrible so it became primarily a South American and Caribbean
QSO party.

Even though the club's only antenna is a relatively low dipole, the 100 watt
output seemed to