[3830] ARRLDX SSB KT4Q SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 4 01:05:47 EST 2019

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: KT4Q
Operator(s): KT4Q
Station: KT4Q

Class: SO Unlimited HP
Cabrillo Category: Single-Op All-Band Assisted One-Transmitter HP
QTH: FL

   10:   31     4
-------------------
Total:  829   259  Total Score = 644,133

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

While a lot of contesters favor the CW variety of the ARRL DX, not being much of
a CW capable contester, I find this contest as the best of the year.  Yes it is
a challenge with all the static, over-modulated stations, split operations, and
500 pursuers all tying to get a new mult that has shown up in Africa.  Still it
offers a chance to learn all the dials and features of your radio, especially
your shifting, contouring, notching and width (fortunately I have these and use
them).  I do need to take a lot of breaks to get the ring out of my ear.  Years'
with sunspots allow more opportunity to make several significant multi hour
runs.  This year only a few runs that lasted more than 3 hours unfortunately.

With the lack of sunspots, I was surprised at how lively the bands were.
20m-80m was great.  15m stayed alive for several hours with its normal peaks and
valleys.  There was intermittent activity on 10m but surprised there was
anything all together.  160m produced several mults which was fantastic given my
simple 160m vertical.

I will look forward to next year.

Vy 73 de Steve, KT4Q
Tvares, FL  USA