[3830] ARRLDX SSB AG4W SOSB/40 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 4 09:28:15 EST 2019

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: AG4W
Operator(s): AG4W
Station: AG4W

Class: SOSB/40 HP
Cabrillo Category: Single-Op SB40 Non-Assisted One-Transmitter HP
QTH: AL

Total:  252    74  Total Score = 55,944

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

FTDX-5000D, AL-1200, 3 element parasitic vertical, 2 beverages, We had plenty of
bad storms along with unusual propagation. 40M seemed to peak an hour before and
after sunrise. Nice opening to Asia and Pacific Sunday morning after the sun was
up. It was not good before the sun came up. I also had an unusual opening at
0800 into Europe on the first night. I was not able to run much. High noise
caused many repeats. I'm always glad to talk to so many of the same hams in each
contest. It makes picking out the calls a little easier. I sure enjoyed the CW
contest more this year. I think it was much easier to run and I enjoyed assisted
operation. I did unassisted in this one because I like the single band effort
and there is no unassisted category for that.