[3830] ARRLDX SSB UA9BA SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 4 22:07:52 EST 2019

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: UA9BA
Operator(s): UA9BA
Station: UA9BA

Class: SOAB HP
Cabrillo Category: Single-Op All-Band Non-Assisted One-Transmitter HP
QTH: MO04uq
Operating Time (hrs): 10:00

  160:   0      0
   80:   0      0
   40:   0      0
   20:  21     14
   15:   0      0
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  21    140  Total Score = 882

Club: Ural Contest Group

Comments:

No mistake! I was SOAB. Heard no signals on 160, 80, 15&10 (big smile for
the last two), many on 40 with the 2 el fullsized yagi @ 31 mh pointed to
W.Africa, but non responded to my endless calls. Not too many Qs during the
first 36 hours, even though I was there all the time! Actually I only managed
three - W2RE, K1LZ and VY2ZM. Others couldn't hear me even on 20m at prime time.

I heard them say that the sun went to bed. Is it how it's gonna be till it wakes
up again? And, oh yes! There's another reason for such poor over the pole
propagation I guess - that Northern magnetic pole moves towards Dikson island
(UA0B).

Congrats to all that made it into my log!

73! Willy UA9BA