[3830] ARRLDX SSB WX3B M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 5 10:17:33 EST 2019

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: WX3B
Operator(s): N8IVN WR3R WA3AER
Station: WX3B

Class: M/M HP
Cabrillo Category: Multi-Multi All-Band HP
QTH: Maryland

  160:    8     8
   10:   16     4
-------------------
Total:  635   233  Total Score = 438,972

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I believe enough has been said about the contrast in band condx between the CW
event 2 weeks ago and this past weekend. Our part-time effort at WX3B, whilst
Jim was operating at W3LPL, was an opportunity for friends who hadn't been
together for a while to operate and commiserate together. We enjoyed each
other's company and made the best of the bands. Surprisingly we made contacts on
10M that weren't expected; Gary, WR3R, showed that he has the touch still. The
N-S path worked fine. Dennis, N8IVN, is largely responsible for our showing on
20M. Ted, WA3AER, manned the station Friday evening, concentrating on 40M and
below.
Our part-time operation Friday-Saturday proved to be a good choice. I (WA3AER)
spent some time at W3LL on Sunday morning and found condx to be even more
lackluster on Sunday.
Let's all hope that by the time WPX rolls around that we have condx more like
the ARRL DX CW weekend.

73! TU for the Qs.
---
Ted WA3AER