[3830] ARRLDX SSB KS5Z M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Mar 7 21:03:26 EST 2019

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: KS5Z
Operator(s): KS5Z K8TE AF5KV W1BUB
Station: KS5Z

Class: M/S HP
Cabrillo Category: Multi-Single All-Band HP
QTH: WTX

   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  477   189  Total Score = 261,387

Like all other contests for this team, this was an opportunity to improve
operators skills, introduce new and novice ops to radiosport, and have fun.
Based on those objectives, we did well.  Propagation conditions weren't great,
to say the least.  Although, we heard a VR5 dare to enter the fray near the
contest's end.

Once working, the entire station worked well, unlike the Nov SS.  Our newest op
was impressed with typing in a frequency in N1MM+ and watching the radio,
amplifier, and antenna switch all move to the correct frequency/band.

I was surprised how broad some of the top station's signals were.  This was not
a RX overloading problem, but definitely at the TX end.