[3830] NA Sprint RTTY NR4O HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 10 00:00:28 EST 2019

                    NA Sprint RTTY Contest - March

Call: NR4O
Operator(s): NR4O
Station: NR4O

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC - FM05

   80:  50      2.0
   40:  36     1.75
   20:   2      .25
---------------------
Total:  88     Mults = 29  Total Score = 2,552

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Ugh...Well had some technical difficulties today apologies to those that I
messed up sending the wrong info because I forgot to switch to RUN or S&P
mode before hitting enter.  Something also went wrong with my 80M dipole
tonight.  Resonance seemed to have changed and the amp started faulting with a
high SWR.  Caused some extra tuning cycles and missed out on a handful of Q's
while I figured out how to adjust things.  Tried to start on 20M and that didn't
work out very well.  40M seemed long right from the start, so mostly worked the
guys west of the Mississippi.  Tried 80M in the 1st hour, but only a couple
signals from VA and SC.  Hoped there would be more east coast ops there.  Just
had to wait till 0200Z before everyone else moved there.  Than things got better
for the last 2 hours and I sorted out my technical issues enough by then to be a
bit more effective.  Unfortunately, I ran out of unique calls to work and things
were quite slow for the last 30 minutes for me.  Had a reasonably good time
despite the frustrating issues with the 80M dipole that worked perfectly for
ARRL DX SSB last week.

73,
Eric
FTdx3000/SPE 1.3K