[3830] NA Sprint RTTY N6ZFO HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 10 01:08:21 EST 2019

                    NA Sprint RTTY Contest - March

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 3:58

---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #1

Comments:

A rare occurrence:  Heard a VY8 calling KA6BIM on 40, but Dave didn't respond; I
worked Dave quickly then moved up 5 and the VE8 answered with the unheardof NU
multiplier, perhaps my first ever.  When I asked for a repeat, not believing my
ears, Pierre spelled out Nunavit!

And then were was the poor station trying to work the Idaho QSO party on 80m
RTTY in the middle of sprint chaos.  I actually got a number out of him, #1, and
a name. .  an unusual name, actually "bou" probably the appreviation
for Boundary county.  But the rules same Name, not necessaaily the name of the
operator, so guess it counts.

Disapointing condidions on 80m, and 40m closed early, although my last contact,
made on 40 was with Paul, K9PG who emphasized he was indeed taking the contest
seriously after handing out number 3 to me.  I was grateful for the QSO, as
contacts were very think in the last hour.

73 Bill n6zfo