[3830] TBDC IK2CLB Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 11 07:57:40 EDT 2019

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Spring

Call: IK2CLB
Operator(s): IK2CLB
Station: IK2CLB

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: jn55

Total:  QSOs = 142  Total Score = 1,600

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

Saturday I was busy at Contest University in Montichiari HAM fest, I came home
late, 00:30 GMT, I was very tired bud I decided to switch on 160 meters anyway,
conditions wasn't good for north america,specially first part of night,
differenty than usual i Had available a tl922 ( usually my 160 meters station
has 100 w by knw ts 480)used in ARRL dx contest, so I switch on RBN assistance
to be able to have more chances to find DX, Assisted isn't expeted in rules, I
will cecklog.
Without rbn assistence I could never find weak dx signal as mid west,south
america and Hawaii. it was really cheesy qso whith kh7b, I would never heard him
without rbn spot assistance, i tried several times ( during night) but I heard
him only in my grey line, at 5:00, but very very weak, I had to repeat  several
times my call and my locator, I heard well only question mark :-)I had a burst
for his Locator( a truly luck), the conditions for north america increased so
much, in my sun rise, K1KI from s3 became s 6, in only an hour I caught more USA
then 3 hours before, K0RF and N7DD never listen before SR... :-)It was a real
pity lost my sun set, I lost ZL/VK and JA stsations ( friday eveneing, during
last week I had daily contacts whit ,vk3cwb, zl3ix and vk3hj, now we have gray
line in  sun rise and sun set at same time with new zealand)
thanks all ( and sorry for my english) cu next SP 73!

rtx: ts 480 and rx perseus ( syncro by HRD)
PA: kenwood tl 922
tx antenna: two phased vertical full size dipoles hooked 80 meters tall
broadcasting tower provided 18 db front to back and front gain is similar VDA
antenna.
rx ant: beverages, flag and two Large size EWE ( wa3tts project for 630 meters).

Marco Ik2clb