[3830] Rus DX G2F M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 17 12:28:04 EDT 2019

                    Russian DX Contest - 2019

Call: G2F
Operator(s): G4MKP M0CKE M0CHK M0VKY
Station: G2F

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Wisbech

  160:   121     8       51        53
   80:   422   187       66        56
   40:   518   211       85        63
   20:   383   168       82        63
   15:    52     4       42        13
Total:  1496   578      326       248  Total Score = 7,247,324

We discussed the contest down the pub on Friday night and, after several pints
and a kebab, decided to put on to put on a part-time effort the next day.
Antennas went up yesterday morning but we forgot that this contest included 160m
so we made an antenna yesterday afternoon before the grey line arrived. It
worked quite well.

What with visitors and some of the guys having to take family members shopping,
a trip to the vet for one of us, we did what we could to give a few points
away.

40m upwards went very quiet after the solar storm in the early hours of Sunday
but slowly recovered, sadly too late for us to get going on 15m. Other than
that, good prop to most areas throughout.

As usual some great operating from our friends in the Oblasts and nice to
catch-up with so many familiar callsigns. Thank you to the contest organizers.